The Heritage (formerly known as Agler Green) is a 384 unit project based section 8 development on 45 acres. The once crime riddled development known as “Uzi Alley” has 100% occupancy. The Heritage at the time it opened for leasing in 2003 had 1000 applicants and a two year waiting list. It continues to be a marquee development in Columbus, OH. Part of the attraction is the size of the units, which are very large for a project based Section 8 property. The Heritage was the largest affordable housing development in the State of Ohio for two years and the largest single project in Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing’s (OCCH) portfolio.
The property features a community center, five playgrounds and basketball courts. Residents have been able to participate in numerous community supportive services. Total project cost for this development was $26 million. This project was completed August 2003. For leasing information please call (614) 471-2416.
- Provide afterschool programming for students at the site.
- Established a “Virtual High School” with the Columbus Public Schools at the site and have graduated over 100 youth at risk of drop out.
- Provide GED training, ESOL and interpretation services at the community.
- Work with faith based and community organizations who are interested in providing services to our residents.
- Established a quarterly newsletter for the residents and community stakeholders since 2003.
- Established and continue to have an annual community day celebration since 2003.