Mt. Hermon Baptist church is a 3,500 membership church in northeast Columbus, Ohio. As a faith based non-profit organization, My Brother’s Keeper, desired an educational facility to operate its vast programming for the community. We developed a financing package and secured a conventional loan to finance a 24,000 square foot multipurpose educational facility for $2.5 million. The facility includes a gymnasium, weight room, classrooms, child care center, garage/storage facility and more. The Donald J. Washington Family Life Center was completed April 1999.
- Facility hosted job skills training for Somali refugees that included: soft skills training, ESOL classes and computer training.
- Housed a full service childcare learning center for preschool children ages 2-5 and a before and after school program.
- Provided healthcare initiatives for the northeast community that included prostate and breast cancer screenings.
- Offered exercise classes to the northeast community that included kickboxing, African dance, and aerobic classes.
- Provided an on site school for children in grades K-12.