A Commitment to Excellence
KBK Enterprises believes that courage, discipline and passion are the foundations of excellence. These characteristics are demonstrated through our professionalism, hard work and expertise in real estate development, construction and property management. Below are awards that recognize our corporate development achievements which exemplify our commitment to community and changing lives in the communities we serve.
- Keith and Donica Key receive an award from Ohio Cancer Research Associates to honor their outstanding philanthropic work in the Columbus, OH and Pittsburgh, PA communities.
- Received MWBE Governmental Committee Hall of Fame Award for demonstrating a strong commitment to the quest of improving the economic climate for historically underutilized business enterprises in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Received Pittsburgh’s Key to the City for economic development contributions to the city, but more specifically for our commitment to MWBE businesses.
- Received Pittsburgh Pirates Community Champion Award for being a “champion” in the community and for positively contributing to the betterment of the Pittsburgh community.
- Received Economic Impact Award for successfully attracting, retaining and creating jobs in the Pittsburgh region. Largest MBE/WBE/Section 3 participation in Pittsburgh, PA. We achieved a city wide record of 49% MWBE participation resulting in over $27 million in construction contracts awarded for Garfield Commons.
- Contributed $1 million to the Office of Student Life at the Ohio State University. Received naming recognition for The Keith B. Key Center for Student Leadership and Service.
- Keith B. Key received the Samella Lewis Professional Achievement Award from the OSU African Alumni Society. The award is given to those who have achieved notable career accomplishments and outstanding professional contributions, including professional impact, authorship of significant publications or research and community service.
- National recognition from HUD Secretary Shaun Donavan for Section 3 Program being the model for the nation for a project of this size for Marrero Commons (formerly B.W. Cooper).
- Received MWDBE Intergovernmental Award for achieving 45% MBE/WBE participation for Phase 1 of Garfield Commons.
- Omega Psi Phi’s “Business of the Year.”
- Proclamation from Pittsburgh Mayor.
- Received Champion Enterprises’ Willie Stargell MVP Award.
- Sandy Award for The Heritage. Development was deemed “Best in Class.”
- Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce “Outstanding Business of the Year.”
- Only African American firm awarded one of the “Big 4” developments (B.W. Cooper) in New Orleans ($250 million project).
- Received one of the largest tax credit deals ($69 million) in U.S. history for B.W. Cooper.
- National Black Chamber of Commerce’s “Partner of the Year.”
- Largest award (Garfield Commons) given in Pittsburgh’s history to a minority business enterprise. Total project cost over $100 million. Record was later broken through the receipt of the award for Addison Terrace. Estimated project cost at $160 million.
- Largest tax credit award in Western PA from Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency.
- HUD Award: Recognized for First IRP Decoupling through OMHAR for The Heritage.